Tag Archives: unevenbars
1. There are two gymnastics categories at the Commonwealth Games – Artistic and Rhythmic.
2. In artistic, male athletes will compete on six types of apparatus – Floor, Pommel Horse, Rings, Vault, Parallel Bars and Horizontal Bar.
3. Female athletes will compete on four – Vault, Uneven Bars, Balance Beam and Floor.
4. Only female athletes compete within Rhythmic Gymnastics. Four apparatus events – Hoop, Ball, Clubs and Ribbon – will be contested, with athletes competing for Team, Individual All-Around and Individual Apparatus medals.
5. Becky Downie is the European favorite, and will try routines she hopes to use at the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
6. Becky has a younger sister Ellie, also a gymnast and a 2016 Olympic hopeful!
7. At the 2010 Commonwealth Games Australia, England and Canada won Team All Around for both men and women, placing Gold, Silver and Bronze respectively.
9. Gymnastics is an optional sport for the Commonwealth Games, meaning every country doesn’t have to have a team compete.
10. You can follow along with all the gymnastics event and schedule at http://www.glasgow2014.com/sports